Disney World: Animal Kingdom and EPCOT

After our amazing time aboard the Disney Cruise, our party hopped on a shuttle to Disney World Resort. It has been my dream to visit Disney World for as long as I could remember. So when my mom booked the trip and told me we were going to visit Disney World, I just screamed at the top of my lungs.  I was super stoked to go, and visit the Happiest Place on Earth.

We only had 3 days to visit all four parks, and on our first day, we arrived at our resort at 11 AM. We were really short on time. In order to visit and experience all the theme parks, we decided to visit 2-3 of them per day. Our day would start at 6 AM, and end at midnight. It was really exhausting going to different parks, and catching the buses to get there, but it was worth it.

Team Disney!
I love how everything has to be Mickey Mouse


On our first day, we went to Animal Kingdom. It was a little rainy and cold so there weren't as much people there. It was also off-season for Disney World, so wait times were 5-15 minutes long. I never
stood in line for more than 10 minutes! We went on a really good day.




It was lunch time when we came in, so my mom decided to have lunch while I checked out some rides around Dinoland USA. I rode this ride called Dinosaur, which runs on something similar to Indiana Jones at Disneyland. The only difference is that the central theme was escaping the meteor shower that hit the dinosaurs in the end of the cretaceous period. The ride was cool, and the special effects were mind-blowing. My mom rode it with me for the second time, and she absolutely LOVED it.





After Dinoland, the older kids and I went on Expedition Everest. Knowing Disney, most of its rides are "Disney-fied," and are geared towards families and kids. I was expecting a little roller coaster similar to California Screamin' or Space Mountain. I never expected Expedition Everest to be super thrilling. It was my favorite ride in Animal Kingdom and I just had to ride it three times.


http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/eeh019381LARGE.jpg


Before we headed off to EPCOT, we rode the Kilimanjaro Safaris. It is like going to the zoo, and taking a tram tour around Animal Kingdom's private safari. There were a lot of animals to be seen walking around. There was even a giraffe that walked to our tram. It was cool.



The real Lacoste. hahahaha!


It's Nala!



At about 5 PM, half of our group went home while 8 of us went to EPCOT Center for some more night time fun. EPCOT was my favorite park at Disney World. The technology behind the rides was just mind-blowing. It was like walking into the future. My favorite among them would have to be Test Track. Guests would be able to make their own cars, and then compete against other riders to see which car is the most efficient. Our car got last place, simply because we just made it pink. It was so much fun.





One of my other favorite rides was the Nemo ride. It was really interactive compared to the one we have at Disneyland. The vehicle was similar to the Doom Buggy on the Haunted Mansion Ride, and it featured many robotic fish that was very life-like.  It was so colorful and happy. It's great for kids, teens and adults. 








To cap off the day, we watched "IllumiNations: Reflections of the Earth" at the EPCOT lake. It was this fireworks display that mainly talked about the Earth. The pyrotechnics were breath-taking. In the end, this gigantic globe came up and shot up fireworks all around the lake. It was marvelous.


Stick around. There's more adventure coming.


Live the adventure,


0 Responses

Post a Comment

Pages

abcs