Visiting Castaway Cay

The highlight of my cruise, besides the ice cream service and the characters, was definitely visiting Castaway Cay.

Nassau was gorgeous, mind you, but Castaway Cay took my breath away. Castaway Cay is Disney's private island, and is an exclusive port of call for the Disney Cruise line. It features 3 beautiful beaches and lots of fun activities for all ages.


. The central theme for this island was a shipwreck, and Disney did a fantastic job of decking out the place with lost treasures and old pirate ships. The details were very keen and precise. It was like walking into a pirate storybook. I was in awe with their work.

Not to mention, there were a lot of characters available for photo-ops!





When we arrived at the island, my mom and I decided to go snorkeling. I was expecting them to take us to this high-sea, coral reef area with loads of fish but they just took us to this enclosed area, just a couple steps away from the family beach. In my head, I thought this wouldn't be a fun experience. Boy, was I was wrong.




Because underwater selfies are cool.

Disney filled the entire area with statues and shipwreck things. You had to swim around the place in order to find those artifacts. They had even had a statue of Mickey and Minnie Mouse buried with the "ship." There are were also a lot of  schools of fish swimming around the area and it was such a neat experience to see them.

It's Mickey!!


I honestly felt like a mermaid in this photo



Besides snorkeling, Castaway Cay also has this huge water slide in the middle of the sea. The drop is over 10 feet long, and the water is over 6 feet deep. It was very thrilling and the plunge made me scream like a girl at a Bieber concert. It was scary at first, but it was so much fun.




After a long day of pure relaxation, we had to go back to our ship. If only time stood still. I'd love to go back to that paradise and stay there for as long as I could.


How I miss this picturesque view!

My friend Vince and I went back for a second round of snorkeling.




Stick around. There's more adventure to come!





Live the adventure,

1 Response
  1. theabnormalteenager Says:

    I really want to go to all of these places you're writing about now!

Post a Comment

Pages

abcs