We're off to See the Mouse!


Last January, my mom, her friends, and I took a trip down to Orlando, Florida to go on a cruise and to visit Disney World. We planned it several months before, and I was super excited to finally fulfill my dreams of going to the Happiest Place on Earth. Finally after months of anticipation, the day finally came. I packed as quickly as I possibly can, and rushed out the door to head out to the airport.

The 'ever famous' travel piglet.
When we arrived there, we met up with our group. The spirits were still high, and we were all excited to board. The little ones were adorably playing around the lounge, while the adults chit chatted about  things I wasn't interested about. (hahaha.)

At around 9 PM, it was our time to board. Though the excitement was still up, it was almost bedtime for all of us. I was getting listless and tired, as I just had finals that day and woke up at 5 AM. It was a full flight and most of us had separate seats. We didn't even take off yet, and I was already asleep.

Part of our group before the sleepiness got to us. (hahaha)

One of my mom's pre-flight selfies. Yes, my face says it all.

After what seemed to be 45 minutes (but was actually 4.5 hours), I woke up to the sound of the seat belt sign. We were about to land at Orlando International Airport. It was approximately 5:30 AM, which in California is 2:30 AM. I was groggy, and dead-tired. At around 5:45, we were able to land and disembark safely. Most of us were exhausted, and didn't speak up until we saw the "Welcome to Orlando" sign. After seeing that, our bodies were awaken and the exhilaration went storming up again. We were finally there!

Our post-flight photo. Everyone's happy to be here!

Since it was a full flight, the flight attendants offered to check in most of our luggage for free. We went all over the airport in search for the baggage claim, and when we found the area, my mom's luggage was missing.  Apparently, Disney has this system where they take the bags and bring it to the cruise. So we put our Disney tags to our luggage and brought it to the Disney terminal. Again, we searched up and down the airport to find the terminal. We went to Terminal A, only to find out that the Disney counter was in Terminal B. We went up again, and down again. It was like a marathon! On top of that, once we got there, we were told that the bag check-in won't be open until 9 AM. So once again, we went back up and stayed at the food court and slept until the counter opens.

One of my mom's good friend who ran our airport marathon with us! :)

Finally, after forever, we went back down and saw the bus waiting to take us to the port. We were happy to be able to leave the airport and embark on our Disney Cruise!


Glad to be on the bus.


 There's more to come on this crazy adventure. Stick around





  Live the adventure,


0 Responses

Post a Comment

Pages

abcs